The forgotten culture...

Since I have been working also as a host on some major radio stations I have come across lots of various kinds of people, either if they are listeners or as colleagues.

As a presenter I used to get lots of calls from people who wanted to point my attention towards some other issues which we usually didn't cover on the family show being so obvious. But I really wondered why we usually didn't cover anything of that sort.

Which sort you say? Well I am talking about the forgotten culture and religious values in our generation and the one younger than us, those that probably were born abroad.

And the main reason behind the topic being suggested was that lots of dating sites were popping around in Norway and guys used to be registering with fake IDs like bees to honey, and sadly the girls who range from 15 and above used to fall in their traps.

A guy appeared on the news, covered with a cloth on his face and said that he had managed to trick over 200+ girls and all of them were Asians either Pakistani or Indian. Now what does that tell us?

Are the parents of those girls aware what and where their daughters are? Or should they also be giving enough time to the guys? I believe that the lack of trust and closeness between parents and kids really push the kids into doing all these things.

Some might say that the guy was just telling a lie, to prove that these things do happen I interviewed another guy who fell under the same category. Disgusted as I was while sitting with him I couldn't think of anything else than this one important thing. "What are the parents of these girls thinking, they don't know what has happened to their girl or what their girl has done". And on they will go to wed her off to some guy in their family either the girl's cousin or someone in Pakistan, but why isn't going over the line a big deal for some of the generation here anymore?

Has anyone realized what kind of life most people are leading abroad? First being away from their home country, where going for Jumah prayers was a thing we would never miss, coming here it's the work that keeps us "busy n tied", our younger generation sees music and other things as the only way out, not only that but kids here in Norway followed by peer pressure end up smoking, n drinking and anything that has to do with drugs.

Some kids who I will be revealing soon to their parents sell drugs to make money, and yes I am talking about little Asian kids and I remember when I was their age I used to watch He-Man and play with my car models rather than making a couple of thousands kroners (Norwegian currency) selling drugs.

It's disgusting, its sick and its the point where each and every parent should start working only as much as they need to and give all their time to the kids. That's the best thing they would do to themselves and if they don't sadly, they're doomed.

No comments: